Páginas

viernes, 27 de octubre de 2023

The original rules


I've compiled these rules during many years in the military, in less than permissive environments, and while playing hard in the mountains. Maybe as a guide for the long run.

Initially they were only 12 rules, the Original 12 as I call them. I took concepts and ideas that I learned and simplified them. I also borrowed from other people that passed knowledge to me and incorporated them into the rules. It all started with a half-joke comment: When in doubt, Red Team it.

Based on the idea behind the Moscow Rules, the Original 12 lasted a few years, then I started adding more as I became older and gained experience.

THE ORIGINAL 12 RULES

  • Rule 1: Always have an escape plan
  • Rule 2: Be aware of your surroundings.
  • Rule 3: Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.
  • Rule 4: Always have a backup plan.
  • Rule 5: Never get caught.
  • Rule 6: Keep your mouth shut.
  • Rule 7: KISS: Keep it simple, stupid.
  • Rule 8: Simple and light equals freedom, agility and mobility.
  • Rule 9: Plan, execute and vanish.
  • Rule 10: You don’t have to like it-you just have to do it.
  • Rule 11: Always invest in good quality stuff.
  • Rule 12: Trust your gut.